When it comes to food, some of the most popular savory dishes in the world are made from fish. Apart from being appetizing, fishes are arguably one of the healthiest food we can consume on a daily basis due to being rich in protein. Despite being so popular, we can all agree that catching fish is nowhere near as easy as it is to eat them.
Fishermen have to put on a lot of effort every day to catch fishes on the open water. Extreme environmental conditions such as rain and thunderstorms can easily make their job a drag, as they are likely to catch fewer fishes. One of the major problems most fishermen face is knowing if there will be enough fish to catch on a particular day. Unless they possess superhuman powers such as seeing through water, there is no way for them to estimate if setting off with their boats for fishing would be productive, with their bare eyes.
In recent times, many fishermen have started using a fish finder to locate fishes. The Garmin Garmin 010 01797 01 echoMAP CHIRP is one such example of a sonar device that comes with a lot of useful features that can help ease a fishermen’s job.
- Clearer scanning sonar - shows you more of what is in the water around your boat. This high-frequency sonar gives near-photographic images with detailed representations of objects, structure and fish.
- Chirp sonar - Chirp sends a continuous sweep of frequencies which provides a wider range of information. Chirp sonar is able to create crisper fish arches with better target separation.
- Built-in maps and charts - available with either U.S. Bluechart G2 charts, U.S. Lakevü HD maps or Canada lakevü HD maps.
- Clear scanning sonar - the CV Series comes with built-in 500 w Chirp traditional sonar and Chirp clearvü scanning sonar. The SV Series offers all of the same Features Plus Chirp sidevü scanning sonar.
- Best-in-class Internal 5 Hz GPS - Internal 5 Hz GPS updates position and heading 5 times per second to make marking and returning accurately to waypoints easier.
Unique features of Garmin 010 01797 01
It allows you to accurately separate targets.
The sonar that has been built into this device utilizes the best sonar technology for fishing out their right now. It is able to differentiate target fishes from non-target fishes accurately, as the device is able to channel more focus and energy towards the targets only, unlike traditional sonar devices.
This makes your fishing expedition more productive, and you will be able to avoid wasteful fishing more often than when you use traditional sonar devices.
Wasteful fishing can be a problem, as most fishes fishermen throwback into the water end up dying later anyway. Using the Garmin 010 01797 01 can prevent such wastage, and make fishing more environmentally friendly.
Has outstanding sonar-recording capability.
Unlike generic sonar devices, the Garmin 010 01797 01 is able to measure and coordinate the timing of the sonar returning after detecting targets with the position of your boat. It is also able to save all this information digitally. Moreover, you can connect this device to your computer using the HomePort planning software and playback all this information on the computer. You can also share this information, such as waypoints and routes, between different devices due to Garmin’s data-sharing capability.
One of the clearest scanning sonar in the market.
Unlike traditional sonar devices, the Garmin 010 01797 01 is able to scan immense depths of water bodies with great precision and reproduce a nearly photographic image. It can scan at depth as low as 750 feet, and make out fishes, structures, and objects very clearly and accurately.
It comes with BlueChart g2 Maps preloaded.
BlueChart g2 maps of the entire US coastal region which included East Coast, West Coast, Gulf of Mexico, US and Canadian sides of the Great Lakes, comes preloaded with the device.
The Blue Chart g2 includes everything on both US and NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) charts for the entire coastline. Other than the basic charts, tidal stations, currents, depth contours, IALA symbols, and fishing charts, the device also lets you transition smoothly between zoom levels. It also allows for seamless continuity across chart boundaries.
The device also lets you customize the contour shade for all depth contours, which lets you differentiate shallow depth from safe depth easily. The fishing charts present on the device can also display bathymetric contours maintaining less visual clutter. For easier chart reading, the device lets you choose between standard 2-D map view and 3-D map view.
Comes with Garmin GT20-TM transducer.
The all-in-one 4 pin transducer present on the Garmin 010 01797 01 allows you to obtain very clear and precise pictures of objects, structures, and fish that pass below or lie directly underneath your boat. The transducer cable is 20ft. long and comes with a fast-response temperature sensor and has a power rating of 500 W. The transducer also comes with transom, trolling motor mounts, and installation instructions/
It gives you different customization options.
The Garmin 010 01797 01 gives you different customization options. Quickdraw Contours, which comes preloaded, allows you to design your own fishing maps in HD with 1-foot contours. You can customize these maps according to your preference, and you also have the option to share them with your friends who also use Garmin devices.
Moreover, if you have more than one sonar device installed on your boat, the Quickdraw Contours will utilize the best sonar device available automatically to give you the most accurate results.
- It can accurately differentiate target fishes from non-target fishes.
- It can be installed and removed easily.
- Outstanding guidance charts can help avoid obstacles when you set off with your boat.
- It comes with transducer built-in.
- QuickDraw Contours offers customization options.
- It offers precise and clear scanning at great depths.
- Some customers have complained about being unable to connect the transducer.
- The transducer does not have enough power to work in deeper ocean waters.
- The connectors are too lightweight and prone to corrosion.
- It does not come with mounting bolts.
Frequently Asked Questions About Garmin 010 01797 01 echoMAP CHIRP
1. Can the Garmin 010 01797 01 echoMAP CHIRP with ClearVu transducer measure water temperature?
A: The transducer that the device comes with has the capability to measure the temperature of the water. However, if you plan on using any other transducer with this device, then you need to check if it can measure temperature or not.
2. Does the Garmin 010 01797 01 cover freshwater maps?
A: The Garmin Echomap Chirp 44Cv comes with BlueChart g2 maps preloaded. Therefore, it comes with coastal charts in it. However, the 43Cv would be a better choice, as that device has US LakeVu HD charts for inland water bodies.
There is no doubt that Garmin 010 01797 01 echoMAP CHIRP is a great versatile sonar device. It provides many crucial features that most fishermen might need when cruising off in coastal regions.
It can conduct precise scanning of water bodies and reproduce near-photographic detailed images. QuickDraw Contours comes preloaded which offers different customization options to create your own maps as well. The device also comes with a transducer which functions spectacularly.
- 7-Inch screen with 800H x 480V resolution color TFT display
- Includes Navionics+ (U.S. And Canada) SD card for out-of-the-box map coverage of over 21, 000 lakes and waterbodies
- Mega Side Imaging: see the world below like never before with crystal-clear viewing out to 125 feet on either side of your boat
- Mega Down Imaging: Get unprecedented underwater clarity with coverage down to 125 feet below your boat
- Includes transducer and mounting hardware, power cable and gimbal mounting bracket
- 5-Inch Color WVGA Display
- CHIRP Dual Beam PLUS Sonar. Power Output RMS : 500 Watts. Power Draw : 615 mA
- Precision Internal GPS Chart plotting with built-in Anima cartography
- Micro SD card slot for optional maps or for saving waypoints
- Target Separation - 2.5 Inches
- See the world below like never before with the HELIX 10 G3N featuring both MEGA Side Imaging+ (SI+) and MEGA Down Imaging+ (DI+), providing detailed, crystal-clear viewing out to 200 feet on either side of your boat.
- The built-in dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar identifies well-defined fish arches and provides clear views of fish-holding structure and the bottom. It provides two ways to search for fish: wide mode for maximum coverage and narrow mode for maximum detail.
- The HELIX 10 fish finder combines precise GPS location with built-in Humminbird Basemap for a clear view of what's below, surrounding points, and navigation aids. Utilize Humminbird's AutoChart Live for creating customized depth contour maps.
- The 10. 1-Inch full-color TFT display (1024 x 600) is complemented by an easy-to-use keypad control. Bluetooth connectivity on the Helix 10 allows you to keep your phone out of the water and in your pocket with onscreen notification displays.
- The Helix 10 includes a transducer and mounting hardware, power cable, gimbal mounting bracket, and unit cover. This unit measures 13. 44 x 7. 5 x 4. 2 inches (WxHxD) via standard gimbal mounting.