If you are looking for a fish fighting belt, be sure to read our complete in-depth buyer’s guide where we review the top-rated models available with Pros & Cons
It has always been the smaller things that have helped achieve the bigger ones. Apparently, it is mostly the smaller things combined into a clever design that comes to aid human beings in times of need. One such thing is a fishing belt.
Now, you may wonder how exactly do you fight a fish with a belt? Well, quite indirectly. What a fishing belt does is let you deal with much bigger fishes by employing your whole body to fight against them. In fact, it divides the weight the fish is putting at the other end, throughout your thighs and lets you use both your lower and upper body strength to fight it and bring it in.
But, not all fishes can be fought with the same fishing fighting belts and not all of them are effective or efficient. Therefore, you need to find the best fishing fighting belt that is available out there for you. In order to do that, you not only must have known about the features of a fishing belt but also of the best belts out there.
We intend to provide you with all that right here.
Top Fish Fighting Belts Reviews!
1.AFTCO Clarion Fighting Belt
When you are looking for the best in the market, you will always find a few names you just cannot avoid. And, AFTCO Clarion Fighting Belt is such a name in the belt world. In fact, it is considered by many as the best available because of the strength and quality it provides.
The materials used in its build themselves speak of how durable this belt can be. As we wanted, the pad is made from EVA Foam keeping it not just comfortable for you but also strong enough to fight for you. Then, there is the gold anodized front plate which will never get rusted.
Apart from that, the straps are quite adjustable so you do not have to worry about your waist size much. Furthermore, the gimbal it features also comes with an adjustable clip to attach the rod. So, it is not just durable but quite versatile as well.
The only downside may be that you might find the belt a bit heavy. But, the good side is that the fishes you target will find it heavy too. So, you will surely bring a lot of fishes at home!
Features & More
- EVA foam back pad.
- 80-Lb to unlimited tackle.
- Heavy duty and Ergonomic.
- Adjustable stainless steel gimbal pin.
- Adjustable Nylon Drop straps & Rod Belt.
- Gold anodized stamped aluminum front plate.
- Web straps to accommodate 28″ – 50″ waist sizes.
What differentiates this belt from all other belts available is its effective snap-on design and the swivel gimbal. Apparently, the PlayAction B800 fighting belt has a very easy to put on style and will fit around you quite easily thanks to its adjustability.
While most people love this style, many suggested that if you are aiming for serious heavy fishing then the traditional fastening systems are a better choice. But, if you are just fishing for medium-weight fishes then you can use this to easily snap it on and get going.
Apart from that, the gimbal will attach to the correct size of the rod very firmly. Moreover, it is flexible enough to let you move the rod both vertically and horizontally. This is a feature that all the customers absolutely loved and wanted to see more of in other belts as well.
You will find it very comfortable to wear because of the closed-cell pad it features too.
Features & More
- Fits gimbaled rods to 1-1/4-inch.
- It offers great value for the price.
- The swivel gimbal is very useful and effective.
- Closed-cell padding provides comfort while battling fish.
- Springs open and snap into place firmly around hips.
- The snap-on style is easy to put on and firm around the waist.
- The Gimbal ball rotates almost 90 degrees horizontally and vertically.
While plastic in the construction may turn you around, we are asking you to give this belt some attention despite it has plastic parts. Yes, it is made of plastic and It is ABS plastic that it uses, free from the worry of rust. Furthermore, this belt is corrosion resistant!
Want to fish in the sea? Go ahead without a worry! Apart from that, this belt is super easy to put on and everyone had nice things to say about it. It also takes its place around your waist quite firmly and makes fishing bigger fishes seem like a much easier task.
Like the PlayAction B800 fighting belt, it also features a swivel gimbal which is very handy and an appealing feature. Apart from that, it uses EVA foam in the pad which makes it comfortable for you to work with for hours.
Features & More
- ABS plastic.
- Easy to carry.
- 360°rotary slot.
- Rugged and durable.
- Adjustable waist belt.
- Impact-resistant touch.
- Simple prop rod pocket.
- Features a swivel gimbal.
- Great for deep-sea fishing.
- Seawater corrosion resistance.
4.Pellor Fishing fighting Belt
If you had trouble finding just the right size of the belt for yourself previously then we have something that might help you. Apparently, this Pellor belt fits almost everyone with different body types. The rope belt it features is obviously adjustable and also it has a safety clasp on it.
Therefore, it will stay secure on you when you are fighting that fighting fish. The belt uses EPE padded PVC mesh material in its pad for more comfort. However, this does not really give the pad a lot of softness or strength that you would usually hope for.
Apart from that, the belt is quite free from problems like corrosion with its corrosion-resistant body. While the pad may not make you feel comfortable enough, the lightweight definitely will.
Features & More
- Good quality and durable.
- Great Shoulder Back Harness.
- Comfortable to wear for hours.
5.Acekit Waist Fishing Belts.
If you are really on a budget and looking for a cheap belt then the Acekit belt is the cheapest on our list and the best in its price range. Firstly, what you surely get from it is uninterrupted control. Now, there is a reason I said ‘uninterrupted’.
Apparently, when you change the baits while using other belts, you have to usually put down the rod. But, with this belt, you no longer have to that. It allows you to free your hands and change the baits just like that!
The soft rubber makes it comfortable to wear and the high-density nylon makes it durable with its corrosion resistance. Furthermore, it won’t ever slip.
If you are concerned about the fit then don’t be. Because it will fit most people within a 50-inch waist length.
Features & More
- Double Ring closure.
- corrosion resistance.
- High-density nylon belt.
- Made of soft rubber anti-slip.
- D-ring for fishing plier grabber.
- Adjustable belt the max band about 50 inches.
- It can also be a buffer when fight with big fishes.
Fish Fighting Belt Buyer’s Guide
If you know about the basic features that you should check when buying a fishing belt, you can even become the first to put your trust in a brand that becomes the best in the future. So, what you should be aware of when looking for fishing belts are:
The species you are targeting:
You always set your plan following a goal, don’t you? Well, this is no different. The first thing you must do is determine the weight of the species you will fight. Not all fishing belts will aid you in fighting the larger species.
Therefore, you want to buy a belt capable of dealing with the weight of the species you are targeting. That’s why it is very important to determine it as it determines the minimum capacity of the belt you are looking for.
The fishing rod you use:
Just like you need a specific size of shoes for your feet, the rods need a specific size of the belt to fit in it. As you know, what the belt will do is distribute the weight between your thighs. And, to do that, the rod will be attached to the belt at someplace right?
So, the place where the rod attaches to the belt is called the gimbal. You will find that not all belts have a gimbal that is adjustable or holds every size of rods there is. In fact, most belts have a gimbal in which only a particular class of rod fits. Other rods may find the gimbal too narrow or too wide.
And, it is very important that your rod fits in the gimbal perfectly. You do not want the rod to get detached along with the running fish. Therefore, find the right belt with the right size of gimbal for your rod.
You can do the opposite task too. In fact, you can buy a belt first and then find a rod that fits. However, that will be like a reverse plan where you target the species based on what you have.
The size of the pad:
What makes the fishing belt different from other belts is the pad attached at the front that helps to attach the fishing rod to it. It is quite obvious that this pad has an important role to play and you should definitely consider this.
The main job of the pad is to distribute the huge amount of weight equally among your thighs to make fighting the fish easier. Apart from that, this distribution should allow you to use your maximum strength with the least effort.
However, that is something that will occur when you use the belt, what do you do while choosing it. In fact, the first consideration when checking the pad of the belt is its size. Apparently, as the gimbal varies with the size of the rods so does the pad.
However, the size of the pad mainly depends on the capacity of the rod. When you are using rods with capacities of around 30lbs, the pads will definitely be smaller. Again, when you are using heavier capacity gears like above 80lbs, the size of the pads will be larger.
Material and Comfort provided by the pad:
You do not want to have bruises on your thighs when you are done with fishing. The task of fishing is hard enough. Apart from that, you do not want the pad to be torn apart from you either.
So, what you should check next is the durability and strength of the materials and the comfort you get from it. The pads usually have foams or other softer materials in them to make it more comfortable for the anglers. Also, these softer materials distribute the weight.
Now, it can use EVA foam inside or any other foam. But, EVA might be the best option. Also, check the stitch and build quality as flaws in those can cause irritation even though the materials used were fine.
You will be dealing with a lot of weights here- the rod, the fighting fish, and also the belt. Therefore, to reduce future fatigue, you should look for a belt that is lightweight enough to not cause an ache.
The attachment method:
You will find the belt quite useless if you fail to secure it perfectly around your waist. Therefore, you should be able to adjust the belt around your waist perfectly.
Furthermore, it should also have a good locking mechanism with the rod and harness. Everything should be such that nothing will come apart when you are intensely fighting a fish.
As we already mentioned that you should check that the pad can last long enough. Other than that, you should also check that all the metal parts are strong enough and will not rust. We suggest you look for belts with stainless steel parts that make it both lightweight and durable.
If you are serious about fishing then do not aim for the really cheap belts as they are inefficient and of low-quality. Aim for the mid-range best ones if you are on a budget or else just go for the expensive ones so you may never need to buy one again.
- Comfort: The weight of the rod on your bare hands and legs can become too much to bear for hours straight. And, fishing does require hours. A fighting belt will reduce the pressure on your body by distributing the weight throughout it.
- Added strength: The belt actually acts as a lever. Not really like it but close. In fact, since it distributes the weight throughout your thighs and lower body you also employ the strength from those areas when you fight back. Thus, it increases strength when fighting back.
Fishing Fighting Belt FAQs
1. Can the fishing belts be used when fishing by sitting?
Answer: People normally use a fishing belt for stand-up fishing only. Their sole purpose is to distribute the weight between the thighs. But, the weight does not need distribution when someone is sitting and fishing, right? You can use it but it will not be very helpful.
There is more to a belt than just its price and design. You have to check if it has the right size for the rod and yourself. Furthermore, you have to check the quality and durability too. Therefore, finding the best fish fighting belt is no easy task. However, our guide and the reviews should have given you a clue on where and how to start looking. We hope you end up with the perfect match for you.
- STRONG FISHING BELT HARNESS – Keep your fishing rod secure and your back safe while battling big fish at sea. The Gaffer Sportfishing fishing harness accommodates anglers up to 6 feet tall with...
- PADDED BACK SUPPORT – Fight big fish without straining your back. The offshore fishing rod straps feature a sturdy neoprene padding to provide you with more control and comfort while fishing
- ADJUSTABLE SHOULDER STRAPS – Fishing wading belt features adjustable Drop Straps with Stainless Steel D-rings to fully adjust the shoulder straps, fishing belt and reel for maximum leverage
- EVA FOAM GROIN GUARD – ABS Plastic Fishing Belt for men and women with Wide Body and EVA Foam padding groin guard ensures the angler maximum comfort and support while fishing
- FISHING ROD LOCK – The ABS Gimbals with Stainless Steel insert pin keeps rod butt locked in place and makes it easy to fight fish while standing. Keep your fishing rod locked and secured no...
- When fighting a fish it helps you protect yourself and your fishing rods.
- ABS Plastic, impact resistant touch,anti-corrosion and lightweight.
- Adjustable belt:27.5 -47 inch,9" wide plate,2.3"hole inner diameter.
- Long quick on/off snap buckle allow you to take on and off the belt easily.
- PVC gimbal and stainless steel insert pin for long time use.
- Swivel gimbal
- Non-slip padded backing
- Spring arms for quick and easy application
- Made from quality materials
- Durable and log lasting
- 【Unique & High Quality】SAN LIKE fishing belt is made of high quality material .The soft EVA pad which is impact resistant touch helps protect your abdomen when fighting a fish .The fish rod...
- 【One Size Fits Most】The belt with plastic buckle is adjustable according to your own needs( Max extended to 140cm/55.1" approx). And the inner diameter of the holder hole is about 5.5cm/2.16"...
- 【Adapt Different Style】The stainless steel insert pin is suitable for the fishing rod head with a groove .And the general rotary slot is suitable for the round head fishing rod . Special...
- 【Easy to Operate】The waist belt is fixed by safety buckle,easy to take on/off. The deep rod holder assure positive grip of rod and flexible control of the rod. It is a wonderful gift for...
- 【WORRY FREE】Any problem feel free to contact us at first time.We will offer the best solution to you at once .
- Sport type: Outdoor Lifestyle
- Made in the U. S. A
- Number one in fishing sports
- Features a high-impact face plates