A dry bag is a must-have if you’re into watersports or monsoon outings. Well, the weather is not on our hands, so, you never know when it’s going to drizzle down and make your entire plan a fail. A dry bag is an amazing gear that will help you keep all your belongings dry and safe. It’s an absolute staple if you want to have a fun and carefree outings while keeping things dry.
Not all dry bags created equal. There are many that will deliver as they promise and many that will just be a waste of money. We have come up with this article to ensure that you invest in the right dry bag.
A waterproof dry bag is a staple for every watersport enthusiast. In this article, we have come up with five best waterproof dry bags that will take your outings and watersport experience to the next level. Let’s take a look at our top five picks for a best waterproof dry bag.
Best Waterproof Dry Bag We Will Cover Today
- KastKing Dry Bags
- Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag
- Freegrace Waterproof Dry Bags
- Piscifun Waterproof Dry Bag
- Unigear Floating Waterproof Dry Bag
Top 5 Best Waterproof Dry Bag Motor Reviews
If you want to look fashionable while keeping all your essentials safe then the KastKing dry bag are the one for you. It comes in a wide variety of colors, so, you’ll easily find something that suits your personality and style.
The KatsKings all-purpose waterproof dry bag is made with high-quality thick 500D tarpaulin which an extremely tough waterproof fabric that can withstand puncture, tear, and abrasion. You can carry this bad boy in all sorts of weather condition without worrying about your belongings.
It features a detachable and adjustable shoulder strap so that people with different sizes and shapes can carry it without any hassle. Despite the strong build quality, its weights super light with plenty of storage facility. The reinforced vinyl at stress points and double overlap roll top is a deadly combo that enables you to enjoy the harshest environmental condition.
This bag comes in three different sizes to meet the needs of different kinds of travelers. If you prefer to travel light then the 10L will be the perfect fit for you. However, if you’re going for a long trip and you need to keep a substantial amount of belonging dry, then go for 20L or 30L ones.
The KatsKing dry bag does an excellent job when it comes about saving your belongings from water. You can take it to kayak, beach, hiking, camping, boating, and all kinds of outdoor activities. Due to its waterproof properties, you can even store all your electronic devices in here without getting them damaged.
Another great feature is that you can double it as a supplementary emergency flotation device. You never know what’s coming your way, so, it’s always best to have some extra gear handy.
- Made with high-quality 500D tarpaulin
- Suitable for all kinds of outings
- Comes in a wide variety of colors
- Available in three sizes
- Easy to carry
- Double rollover top
Earth Pak was founded by two guys who loved traveling and understood the needs of proper gears for a successful and fun outing experience. They wanted to create products that will provide you with uninterrupted adventure sessions. The Earth Pak waterproof bag is one of their finest creations that will take of your essential and help you enjoy your outings to the fullest.
These bags come in eight different color variations and five different sizes to meet everyone’s needs. If you’re looking for a large bag to carry your belongings during a trip then do take a look at the Earth Pak waterproof dry bag.
The Earth Pak dry bags are made with 500D PVC material that provides phenomenal durability and performance. These bags can endure the harshest weather conditions without any wear and tear on them. There is an excellent companion for fishing kayaking, SUP, rafting, boating, and many other water activities.
They’re very comfortable to carry around and quite lightweight. The 10L and 20L bags come with a single strap and the larger ones come with two straps to evenly distribute the weight and make it easier to carry around even in harsh terrains.
The cherry on top with this bag is its IPX8 certified waterproof phone case. You no longer need to be constantly worried about your electrical gadgets during water activities. This case holder can accommodate even the largest phone with ease. It can store phones up to 6.5-inches with diagonal screen size. This case has a snap and lock access with a dual-side clear window that enables you to take photos while in the case.
- Sturdy design
- Available in five different sizes
- Eight color variations
- A waterproof phone case that can take pictures
- Easy to carry around
- Suitable for all kinds of water activities
If you want a high-quality bag with an affordable price tag then the Freegrace Waterproof dry bag is the one for you. This bag will keep all your necessary items safe during outings in the water. Along with superior quality, it has multiple different color options that will help you choose the one that you like.
The Freegrace Dry Bags are made with 500D Tarpaulin which is an extremely tough and durable material. It’ll keep the bags safe from any wear and tear. The strong build quality of the bag enables you to carry it along on all kinds of terrains and weather conditions.
This bag has a double closure strip seals that help to provide the maximum amount of safety under the water. It’ll keep the valuable items dry even when submerged underwater. The premium-quality strips ensure that no water is getting inside the bag.
However, the seals tend to get stiff during low-temperature conditions. So, if you’re traveling during cold temperature condition then make sure you apply some oil to the seals to smoothen it out. Be it kayaking, boat riding, or a day out picnic down the streams, this bag is suitable for all kinds of watersports and outings.
It comes in three different sizes: 5L, 10L, and 20L. All the sizes are ergonomically designed for easy carrying purpose. They come with adjustable and removable shoulder straps so that people of all sizes and shapes can carry and transport them.
The Freegrace dry bag features an IPX8 Certified Waterproof Phone that enables you to have quick access to your phone while keeping it completely dry. You can take photos, browse the internet, and talk on the phone over the cover as well.
- Multiple different color variations
- Suitable for all kinds of watersports and outings
- Ergonomic design
- Not available in extra-large sizes
If you’re looking for a rugged dry bag that can heavy beatings then the Piscifun Waterproof Dry Bag is the one for you. It’s made with highly durable 500D PVC that will last through the apocalypse.
It has a unique design with padded straps that enables you to easily carry around and you’ll not feel fatigued even after long hours. Also, there’s a mesh strap that provides extra storage facility for your non-dry stuff. These extra features give it a head start compared to the other traditional dry bags out there.
It comes in multiple different color variations so that you can pick your favorite one. There are also four different size options. If you prefer packing light or traveling for a few hours then you can opt for the smaller versions. However, if you’re going on a long trip and you have tons of different necessities to carry then the 30L and 40L versions will be perfect for you.
The Piscifun is a versatile bag that’s suitable for various kinds of activities. You can take this bad boy to raft, boating, kayaking, and plenty of other kinds of water activities too. The high-quality material will endure through all sorts of conditions.
Along with comfort, Piscifun emphasized greatly on the durability of the bag. It features a strongly welded seal with durable buckles that will last you a very long time. It comes with an IPX8 certified phone case that features a high-definition window and touch-friendly design. It provides a 100% seal lock which ensures that no water is getting inside the phone cover.
- Comes in four different sizes
- Suitable for all kinds of water activities
- Waterproof phone case
- Padded shoulder strap for extra comfort
- Meshed pocket
- Slightly heavy
If durability is one of your major concerns when shopping for waterproof bags then look no further, the Unigear Floating Waterproof Dry Bag is your guy. It comes in several color variations and a whopping six different sizes. Whether you’re going for a day out or a long trip, you can find your suitable size with Unigear.
This bag is made with ultra-durable 600D PVC material that will keep all your essential belongings dry and safe. It has an anti-leak and anti-tear design, hence, you can tag it along with you on all kinds of adventures and trips. These bags come with straps with anti-buckle technology. They are super easy and comfortable to carry around.
The fully welded seam and dry sack ensure that no water gets inside the bag even when it’s submerged in water. The buckle and belt of the bag are made with POM material that offers exceptional durability compared to other traditional dry bags out there.
Like other waterproof bags we reviewed, this one also comes with a sealed waterproof case which enables you to have fool access to the phone while keeping it dry and safe. The case can accommodate phones sized up to 6-inch diagonally.
One of the best features of this bag is that it comes with a 60-days warranty. Within the given time, you can avail full refund or replacement if you’re not satisfied with the product. All you need to do is to mail your problem to them and they’ll take care of the rest.
- Comes in nine different colors
- Available in six different sizes
- Easy to carry around
- Lightweight and durable
- Made with high-quality material
- Includes a mobile cover seal
- 60-days warranty with easy refund and replace policy
- All colors are not available for all sizes
Buying Guide: Things You Should Consider Before the Purchase
Now that you’re aware of the best waterproof dry bags out there. It’s time to make the ultimate decision. However, before you settle down to the final pick, there are certain things you should take into consideration so that you make the best out of your purchase.
Let’s take a look at the factors you should consider before buying the waterproof dry bag.
Dry bags come in various sizes. These bags are generally measured in liters to refer to their internal capacity. You don’t need a large bag if you’re going on a day out trip. For a simple day out kayaking or boating, a bag sized at 2L or 5L will suffice. However, if you’re going out for multiple days and if you’re a heavy-packer then you should opt for 20L and above. These bags will provide you plenty of space to carry all your essentials.
The material of the bag plays an important role in determining the effectiveness of the bag. The most common material for dry bags includes PVC, vinyl, nylon, TPU, etc. All these materials work excellently in terms of keeping water away from the bag and keeping your belongings safe.
Also, the weight of the bag varies with the kind of material used for it. So, if you prefer a lightweight bag, make sure you opt for PVC or TPU as they are quite lightweight and flexible.
No matter how expensive or how attractive the bag is, if it’s not well-constructed then you shouldn’t go for it. A lousy bag will not last you at all and there’s no point investing in them. There are plenty of bags out there with excellent design and superior construction. A quality built bag will help you travel through all kinds of terrains without making any wear or tear on the bag.
The design of the product is quite important for many. There are many dry bags that not only has excellent craftsmanship but also a great design. All the dry bags that we reviewed come with a wide variety of color ranges that you can choose from.
If you’re traveling on a hot weather condition then our suggestion will be to go for a lighter color as that will absorb less heat. However, a bright color will help you easily find the bag if it’s lost in the water. So, choose according to your preference.
A bag with heavy and uncomfortable shoulder strap is nothing but a nuisance. A comfortable and adjustable will help you travel with ease. Dry bags generally come with a fixed or removable shoulder strap. Also, large bags tend to come with padded straps to make the carrying process more comfortable even after long hours.
However, if you’re planning to travel with the bag only on boats or canoes then you may opt for bags with D-ring. D-rings enable you to easily attach the bag to the boat without any hassle. This feature will enable you to store multiple bags in a little space.
How Do I Clean the Dry Bag?
A dirty bag is a pet peeve for many. You’ll be carrying a lot of your essentials in the bag. Therefore, the bag must be clean and hygienic. Also, cleaning the bag regularly will increase its longevity to a great extent. Here are some basic cleaning tips that you can follow:
- Check the label before you proceed. Usually, the bags come with specific cleaning guides from the manufacturer that you should follow at all times.
- We recommend hand washing the bags instead of machine wash. However, if a machine wash is recommended by the manufacturer then you may opt for it as well.
- Check the pockets thoroughly and ensure that all the pockets are empty. Leave them unzipped so that the water and cleaning agent reach every corner to clean it thoroughly.
- Remove any detachable pocket or strap. You should clean those separately.
- Remove the metal frames if there’s any.
- For light cleaning, soak the bag in lukewarm water and clean it with mild soap or detergent. However, if the bag is excessively dirty and you want to go for extensive cleaning then soak the bag in strong detergent for an hour and scrub it thoroughly with a brush then rinse it off.
- Once the bag is clean, let it air dry.
Product’s Recommendations and Reviews
- WATERPROOF - Use professional seamless technology, our dry bag has overall waterproof capability, making sure to keep your items and valuables dry when you do some water sports like boating and kayaking but not underwater sports
- DURABLE - Made by 0.02 in (0.6 mm) thick wear-resistant PVC material, suitable for outdoor activities, waterproof bag nicely adapts to all kinds of weather and environment
- MULTIFUNCTION - Adjustable Shoulder Straps & Handle for shoulder carrying and backpack, very convenient for different occasions like boating, rafting, kayaking, swimming, mountaineering, etc. Lightweight dry bag won’t aggravate the burden of your arms or shoulder
- VISIBLE - Transparent dry bag, easy to find your items without trouble, you don’t have to rummage through the bag to find your things and it’s able to read the message on your phone or pad
- 4 Sizes (5L/ 10L/ 20L/ 30L) and 9 colors to choose, good choice for gift to women and men, each bag comes with a free waterproof cell phone case, bring comprehensive waterproof protection to your water sports
- Lightweight Compact and Durable: Made from ripstop tarpaulin with sturdy welded seam which is designed for years usage, tear, rip and puncture proof. Perfect for almost any extreme adventure you imagine.
- Waterproof Guarantee: Solid roll-top closure system provides secure watertight seal. Keep your gear dry in any wet situation where the bag is not fully submerged. Protect your valuables from water, snow, mud and sand.
- Easy Operation and Cleaning: Just put your gear in bag, grab top woven tape and roll down tightly 3 to 5 times and then plug buckle to complete seal, whole process is very quick. Dry sack is easy to wipe clean due to its smooth surface.
- Perfect Midsize: 10Liter and 20Liter to meet your demands on different occasions. Each bag includes an adjustable and removable shoulder strap for cross-body or shoulder carrying.
- Versatility: The dry sack can float on water after rolled and buckled, so you can track your gear easily. Perfect for boating, kayaking, paddling, sailing, canoeing, surfing or having fun on the beach. A nice Holiday Gift for families and friends.
- Universal size waterproof case bag fits all smartphones up to 6.8" diagonal size (Certain big screen phones need to remove protective case); Credit card wallet money waterproof dry bag for beach, fishing and water park activities
- Clear window on both front and back sides, perfect for taking pictures, videos and checking emails
- 100 Feet IPX8 certified waterproof; offers waterproof/ Snow proof/ dirt proof protection for your device while maintaining full touch screen functionality
- Compatible with devices up to 100mm x 170mm (clear window 70mm x 140mm); comes with a neck strap for convenient carrying
- Features a simple snap and lock access, easy to keep out water, snow, dust, sand, and dirt
Dry bags are super convenient as they let you carry all your essentials during a trip without having the risk of damaging them with water. There are tons of waterproof dry bags out there but finding the best waterproof dry bag is quite a task. A great one will not only keep your belongings dry but also let you have a fun carefree trip.